The Open MPI community is starting its release cycle for a new release series,
the v2.1.x series.  The first release candidate -- v2.1.0rc1 -- has been
released:

   https://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v2.1/

v2.1.0 includes several new features beyond the v2.0.x series, most notably
large reductions in memory consumption for launching large numbers of MPI and
OpenSHMEM processes.

Would we appreciate real-world / user-based testing of this release candidate
before v2.1.0 is finally released.  Please let us know of any problems that you
find.

The v2.1.x series should be backwards compatible with the v2.0.x series.

The final NEWS / README files are still under revision (updating NEWS / README
are typically among the last things we do before releasing), so I won't post it
here.  But you can read the full (still-being-revised) list of NEWS bullets in
the announcement on the developer's list:

    https://www.mail-archive.com/devel@lists.open-mpi.org/msg19968.html

--
Jeff Squyres
jsquy...@cisco.com