I'm working to remove the external dependencies within the digital_ocean
modules and I have a few questions. I'm looking for some helpful guidance
to make sure I'm moving in the right direction.

1. When a module has been labeled as stable it's best practice to keep the
exact functionality moving forward. Do we need to move this module back to
preview if we remove the underlying dependency and add new functionality?
The current functionality would remain unchanged here is a refactor pull
request for digital_ocean_domain
<https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/29179>.

2. The digital_ocean_domain module only add, remove and updates an existing
domain within DigitalOcean. I would like to extend the functionality to
also manage the individual domain records. Another user actually beat me to
the development and opened a pull request
<https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/31765>with the domain record
functionality under a new module name. I believe this functionality should
exist within the same digital_ocean_domain module however the user does
have some valid points. I'm curious to know what the development community
thinks.

We actually have two pull requests adding the domain record functionality.

1. PR including the record management functionality into
digital_ocean_domain: PR30201
<https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/30201>
2. PR creating a new module to manage domain records: PR31765
<https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/31765>

Of course if I'm missing some important information or standards please
feel free to point me in the right direction.