Hello all,
    I don't personally have enough experience with the BSDs to know
what the correct bit of information to be looking for on the various
distros is and I was hoping for some help.

>From the Issue Ticket:
    Facts virtualization_role and virtualization_type are not set for
KVM guests running FreeBSD, and so cannot be relied on in playlists.
Live observation indicates that version 2.7.2 is affected. Inspection
of the devel branch seems to indicate that this and previously
released versions are also affected.

https://github.com/ansible/ansible/issues/49158

I was thinking of querying kern.vm_guest but I don't know how portable
that is nor do I know how far back it time that exists in an attempt
to not break our users who are potentially using older versions of
their respective BSD flavor.

Thank you!
-AdamM