Ansible is a very popular project by any metric. Our delightful community
contributes numerous Pull Requests (PRs) every month. Unfortunately, the
volume of incoming PRs means contributors often have to wait days, weeks,
or months for PRs to be merged. Sometimes it takes that long for a cursory
review. We want to change that.

The Core Team and Community at large is starting various initiatives under
the Contributor Experience umbrella. The idea is to help address some of
the causes that slow down quality PRs from being merged into Ansible
codebases.

We dedicate one day a month to doing a big community review. We hope you
can join in!

What we are trying to achieve:

   -

   To give potential new community members a place to learn and experiment
   with Ansible's review process and get feedback
   -

   Improve the process and documentation by getting feedback from you
   -

      Feedback from people starting their journey with open source is
      particularly important to us as it helps to identify and improve
      complicated processes and documentation.
      -

      People that have been contributing for a while have already built up
      this knowledge and have forgotten the "pain of getting started"
      -

   Give PRs some love
   -

   Identify PRs that could be merged or closed

Want to know more about how to contribute to Ansible, have a look at our
on-demand webinar and slide, how to make ansible community contributions
<https://www.ansible.com/resources/webinars-training/how-to-make-ansible-community-contributions>
.

The next session is Thursday 21st February 2019 from 1200 UTC, hope to see
you there!

To find out how to join, and the dates of future PR review days see
https://github.com/ansible/community/issues/407

Hope to see you there

John "gundalow" Barker

Principal Engineer