We use hostnames which often start with a numeral (we can't do anything
about this). One result of this is that errors during a play often produce
a complaint from mail.CallbackModule like this:

Failure using method (v2_runner_on_failed) in callback plugin
(<ansible.plugins.callback./usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-
packages/ansible/plugins/callback/mail.CallbackModule object at
0x7f31ceb2a630>): 'in <string>' requires string as left operand, not int

I'd like to fix this plugin, preferably without overwriting the library
code. Afterwards I can submit a patch.

Please can someone tell me the easiest way of doing this.

Many thanks!