I'm working on a project that uses Ansible for template processing
(probably overkill).  We recently implemented Helm to produce some of our
k8s objects, but that may be irrelevant to the current problem. In the
build process, Helm is used to generate intermediate yaml files, which are
then post-processed by Ansible.

Before the recent build process change, we had the intermediate yaml files
stored in git, and then processed those with Ansible.

In the last few days, I upgraded two services to use the new build process,
and at one point the CI build failed with an error like this:

unable to find api field in struct Container for the json field \
"$setElementOrder/env\"",

Both of the builds, of the two different services, failed with the same
error.  On the first service I saw this on, one of the build admins said
something about first deleting the k8s objects these were operating on,
instead of letting Ansible try to modify them, and that appeared to resolve
the problem for that build.  We might be able to use a similar hack to fix
the second build, but I'd really like to understand the problem a little
better and come up with a better solution.

I would appreciate some help just getting an understanding of what the
error is saying, and how I can backtrack this to understand what it's
actually complaining about.

I did google this specific error message, and I found a couple of
occurrences, but none of them helped me to understand the real problem.