On 2/28/20 10:47 AM, Matt Martz wrote:
I've tested more, and can not reproduce this.  Installing ansible-base I do have modules installed.

I've not tested in tox, but depending if you have ansible installed in a place where tox can see, that may cause issues.

It's working now - not sure why it wasn't before.

Something like this:

commands_pre =
    bash {toxinidir}/install_ansible_for_testing.sh {envdir}/ansible devel
commands =
bash {toxinidir}/run_ansible_for_testing.sh {envdir}/ansible bash {toxinidir}/run_tests.sh

where install downloads it from github (if it doesn't already exist), and run does a `source {envdir}/ansible/hacking/env-setup` before running the rest of the command line.

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 11:16 AM Rich Megginson <rmegg...@redhat.com <mailto:rmegg...@redhat.com>> wrote:

    On 2/28/20 10:08 AM, Matt Martz wrote:
     > Rich, as far as ansible-base is concerned, there is/was a bug
    that was
     > errantly removing `__ini__.py` files, which is likely the cause on
     > python2.  It's being worked on currently.

    Is there an issue/pr that I can follow?  I would like to run my tests
    with as close to ansible 2.10 as possible.

    Also, I tested with python3, so at least for me, the problem manifested
    using other than python2 (or I'm running into a separate issue).

     > fwiw, ansible/ansible is more similar to Ansible 2.9 at this point.
     > ansible-base is what ansible/ansible will look like on March 23.
     >
     > On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 11:05 AM Rich Megginson
    <rmegg...@redhat.com <mailto:rmegg...@redhat.com>
     > <mailto:rmegg...@redhat.com <mailto:rmegg...@redhat.com>>> wrote:
     >
     >     On 2/27/20 8:11 PM, Chris Church wrote:
     >      > Hi Rich,
     >      >
     >      > You can install from
     >     git+https://github.com/ansible/ansible.git@devel as
     >      > a dep in your tox.ini. At least it works for me to test
    Ansible

https://github.com/ansible-collections/overview/blob/master/README.rst#pre-release-versions-of-ansible-base
    https://github.com/ansible-collection-migration/ansible-base (pip

https://github.com/ansible-collection-migration/ansible-base/blob/devel/MANIFEST.in
     >      >
     >      >     recursive-include lib/ansible/module_utils/powershell
    *.psm1
     >      >     recursive-include lib/ansible/modules/windows *.ps1
     >      >     recursive-include lib/ansible/galaxy/data *.yml *.j2
    README.md
    ansible-devel+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
    <mailto:ansible-devel%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
    <mailto:ansible-devel%252bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>>