Ok I found the cause, but still don't have an easy way for people to figure
this out.

Bottom line FTD 6.6+ will not work with the FTDAnsible module supplied with
ansible.

FTDAnsible was updated on Dec 15th and 16th (and subsequently released as
version v0.3.1) to accommodate a change in the FTD 6.6 Spec provided to
validate the commands being sent to FTD.  Since FTD 6.6 the Type field is
not present.  This causes FTDAnsible validation to fail.

Fixes here if you want to manually change it:
https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/FTDAnsible/commit/9ce13b31337294d6aaec733a47e13a3c2d522d54

What is odd is that using the "ignore errors" option makes ansible report
success even though the change is not actually pushed....

Even more frustrating is it appears that the modules Ansible is using are
fully copied, modified, and added to the Ansible networks collection which
makes version tracking (and integrated part of github) useless in this
case.

Its safe to say Ansible is likely using v0.2.2

Thanks!

-Nate