Please try this one

---
hosts: localhost
tasks:
  - name: "subtask"
    command: lsblk --nodeps | grep disk | wc -l
    register: disk_count_result

  - name: "set fact"
    set_fact:
      disk_count: "{{ disk_count_result.stdout | int }}"

  - name: "print disk count"
    debug:
      msg: "Disk count is {{ disk_count }}"

  - name: "use disk count in environment variable"
    shell: echo "Disk Count: {{ disk_count }}"
    environment:
      MY_DISK_COUNT: "{{ disk_count }}"