Thanks for the advice.

1) using .stdout instead of .stdout.lines worked just fine with regards to
the actual command listed above. Thanks!! :)

2) yes, I could build it out and throw it up on a repo (we even have a
local repo at our location), but this gives me the ability to continually
run this playbook against the server no matter what the kernel version

3) thanks for the info about the "u" :)

Thank you again for everyones help in this issue! :)