I'm doing  exactly  this and once I finish I will uploaded  it to Ansible
galaxy.

The rolling restart and LB pool problem is very easy to solve if you have a LB
that could check a status file to be present on the webserver and if not
present take that server out of the pool automatically then you will be sure
that you don't have any connections on the server so you can perform your
upgrade/deploy.