Here are the ones that I can recall and easily find in the source:

vars
always_run
changed_when
delegate_to
failed_when
ignore_errors
inventory_dir
playbook_dir
register

The vars variable, is a dictionary, that contains all of the above vars as
key/value pairs.

inventory_file
inventory_hostname_short
inventory_hostname
ansible_ssh_user
hostvars
group_names
groups
defaults
environment

Also, anything from --extra_vars, host_vars/, group_vars/, facts.d/, register,
etc...

Some of this is mentioned on
<http://www.ansibleworks.com/docs/playbooks_variables.html> , pay some special
attention to <http://www.ansibleworks.com/docs/playbooks_variables.html#id22>

But to address some of your specifics:

- current host
inventory_hostname, and inventory_hostname_short

- current group
There isn't really a var that says, this is the current group being acted on,
but per host has a 'groups' var containing all groups that host is a member of

- current user
Perhaps ansible_ssh_user ?

- current task
This is not exposed