I am no expert, but I think that what he is saying is that when he includes
 base.yml then his setting of sudo:no in the file that includes base.yml is
overridden.

Thus his "possible bug with users" really translates as "possible bug with
sudo being used when I don't expect it"

It's really to do with sudo usage and nothing to do with the user module
(which was what I expected when I read the title).

I hope that this helps,

Adam