Changing the default seems like an bad design choice as it may break
existing users.

Question:

(A) if they are removing the option, does it *ALWAYS* use mirrors then?

(B)  can we test the pip version and then raise an error if the option is
used in a way it cannot support?

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 1:04 PM, Matt Ferrante <mferran...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Pip 1.5, released on 1/1/2014, doesn't support --use-mirrors. The default
> should be use_mirrors=no, as this should work correctly with all versions.
> I ran into the issue where we use Ansible to easy_install pip and then use
> pip to install python libraries.
>
> I created a pull request: https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/5493

Michael DeHaan <mich...@ansibleworks.com>
CTO, AnsibleWorks, Inc.