We've opened a ticket on role dependencies and will be taking a look at
this -- note that Galaxy is still in BETA mode and we're working on quite a
lot of improvements that we're going to be releasing some each week for the
next month or more.

For now, though, you'll want to download the deps manually.

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 2:48 AM, Raphael Randschau <
raphael.randsc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I deleted my package and re-uploaded it to galaxy because I was trying to
> get it to properly parse my dependencies.
> My assumption was that maybe - since the source is closed - it would only
> properly parse dependencies the first time I import a package, and at that
> point in time the dependencies where NOT listed properly. But this was
> wrong.
>
> The correct dependency URL is now
>
> https://galaxy.ansibleworks.com/api/v1/roles/<https://galaxy.ansibleworks.com/api/v1/roles/105/dependencies>
> 156/dependencies<https://galaxy.ansibleworks.com/api/v1/roles/105/dependencies>
>

> (105 -> 156)
>
> But the issue remains. Any advice?
>
> Am Samstag, 4. Januar 2014 03:38:31 UTC+1 schrieb Michael DeHaan:
>>
>> I'm getting a permission error actually.  Are you getting this when
>> visiting the dependency URL?
>>
>> " "detail": "You do not have permission to perform this action."
>>
>> This is almost definitely on our side, but let me know the above and I'll
>> get this queued up.
>>
>> I know we tested some dependency things, so it's probably just a question
>> of why it's returning the above :)
>>

>> On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 6:52 AM, Raphael Randschau
>> <raphael....@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hey there,
>>>
>>> I just realised that installing galaxy roles does not download the
>>> dependencies listed in the meta/main.yml.
>>>
>>> Take for example one of my roles, rails-deployment: meta/main.yml does
>>> list my dependencies (which is properly formatted according to galaxy
>>> source:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/nicolai86/ansible-rails-deployment/blob/
>>> v0.3.2/meta/main.yml
>>>
>>> but the api does NOT list my dependencies, thus failing to install them
>>> when installing the above role:
>>>
>>> https://galaxy.ansibleworks.com/api/v1/roles/105/dependencies
>>>
>>> Is this a bug in ansible galaxy, is the galaxy source wrong, or is it a
>>> fault on my side? please advise.
>>>

>>>  --

>> Michael DeHaan <mic...@ansibleworks.com>
>>
>> CTO, AnsibleWorks, Inc.