Hey all,

I've been looking into managing snmp via ansible. Setting the
/etc/snmp/snmpd.conf file is simple enough. Just a template call.

It's setting up a snmp v3 user that has me stumped. To do so, I run
"net-snmp-config --create-snmpv3-user", then follow the prompts.

I haven't tried it yet, but according to the help text,
> --create-snmpv3-user [-ro] [-A authpass] [-X privpass]
                         [-a MD5|SHA] [-x DES|AES] [username]

I can just run a command to create the user directly without the prompts.
That works

But I've never been comfortable with running a command like that every time
I run a playbook, and making some kind of init variable feels clunky to me.

So, does anyone have a better idea?

Anyone working on a module for snmp?