Ah, no :)  We just had to get the domain and twitter handle and get some
graphic design and site things to happen.

Technically, Ursula LeGuinn used it first -- though I still haven't read
that particular book from her just yet.

I am quite a fan of Ender's game though, and that's what I named Ansible
for.  Not so much the "long-distance part", but the part about controlling
all the ships at once, at the end.

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 9:21 AM, C. Morgan Hamill <cham...@wesleyan.edu>wrote:

> Excerpts from Michael DeHaan's message of 2014-01-28 21:08:17 -0500:
> > When we started the company, Ansible wasn't quite available, so we named
> > the company AnsibleWorks.  We've finally arranged things so it was
> possible
> > to change that, and have done so,and we're pretty excited about being
> able
> > to make things simpler by dropping five letters and an extra syllable.
>
> Out of sheer curiosity, did you have to get permission from Orson Scott
> Card or something?
> --
> Morgan Hamill

Michael DeHaan <mich...@ansibleworks.com>