I personally manage in the neighborhood of 20 Gentoo systems at the moment
(though the number has been a bit higher in times past - isohunt.com used
Gentoo exclusively when I was involved/it was still alive). Dependency-wise
app-portage/gentoolkit{,-dev} are actually among the list of packages that
are merged prior to any other action taking place on boxes that I manage.
Regardless, prompting the user (or perhaps offering the option to
automatically grab module deps as a setting?) would make sense. The people
at the intersection of "utilizing ansible" and "Gentoo users" are likely
aware enough to not have to worry about too much handholding or more than
cursory error checking (bail out w/ message if needed libs are missing).