I find this annoying too.  +1 on my vote.

On 02/12/2014 12:55 PM, Rumen Telbizov wrote:
Hello ansible list,

Here's a quick question that I was trying to find an answer for. Maybe I
am missing the obvious but I can't find a way to control the output of
the "item" variable during a loop (with_items) while the playbook is
running.

Example:

changed: [s1.server.com <http://s1.server.com>] =>
(*item=/path/to/something*)

This shows what the current item of the current loop iteration looks
like. It might be a very large json object and could clobber the output
screen with unnecessary information. I would like to be able to control
exactly what is been output. Is it possible to do this?

Thank you in advance,
--
Rumen Telbizov
Unix Systems Administrator <http://telbizov.com>