Hi Michael,

but in this case the key name is not a static, they key is the sysctl
parameter, would it be possible to use a similar construct to the one in
the template? my vars for this use case and also some others are 6-10+
items, each item could be defined easily as follow

vars:
      pana_sys_ctl:

net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range: 32768 610

net.ipv4.tcp_fin_timeout: 30

             net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_time: 1800
       pana_mounts:
              mnt1:
                     red: filer001:/disk1/vol1
                     blue:filer002:/disk1/vol3

if it is possible through some filters or massaging of the dictionary that
would be great.

kind regards

Walid