I'd like to be able to do the following, hopefully someone can point me to
a simple way to do it.

I have two lists, one contains vars for all hosts another vars for a
specific host. I'd like to join them into a single list that can be
iterated over in a template. I reuse the template so would rather it did
not know about two separate lists.

generic_vars: [ 'a', 'b', 'c' ]
specific_vars: [ 'd', 'e' ]

somehow I'd like to combine these into an all_vars variable, so that in the
template I can do the following.

mytemplate.json

{
  "vars": [
{% for v in all_vars %}
        "{{v}}"{% if not loop.last %},{% endif %}
{% endfor %}
    ]
}

This is a patten that arises a lot for me so I'm probably going to write a
module to do it. But I thought I'd check to see if there was a simple
standard way of doing so before heading down that path.

Is this something that can be easily done?

thanks,

Steve.