There's already a module for firewalld.

Some folks, like the Fedora setup playbooks, use lokkit in their plays.

For complex installs, I still highly recommend writing a template for your
iptables file (etc) and basing that on the group membership of your hosts,
which is easy to do and appropriate.

Drilling holes in your firewall doesn't really account for the "chained"
nature of firewall rules and is a bit basic, and not always appropriate,
nor does it model all they can do.

Further, making the explicit choice about what you are letting through is
important -- rather than letting some roles you downloaded from the
internet decide.

Yes, it takes an extra minute or two here or there -- but I think
constructing your firewall rules via template is still worthwhile, and will
make sure you are using the features you need to be using.

Then it's just a "notify: restart iptables" away, and so forth.