>From the sound of it, either that variable doesn't exist or for some reason it
>isn't being expanded.

You could try adding a task above that one to inspect it:

- debug: var=php_ini_settings

You might also try:

with_items: "{{ php_ini_settings }}"

But you really shouldn't need to.  The error you are getting is saying that the
data it is looping over is a string, and not a dict/hash.
--
Matt Martz
m...@sivel.net