I'm having trouble with boto and the ec2_tags module I'm hoping someone
will know what is up.

I'm spinning up an ec2 instance and then immediately calling the ec2_facts
and ec2_tags to grab data to
configure the instance. The creation and ec2_facts work without a problem,
but the ec2_tags fails with

msg: No handler was ready to authenticate. 1 handlers were checked.
['QuerySignatureV2AuthHandler'] Check your credentials

which is the typical error when the the AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID and
AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY are not set; clearly
they are as the previous 2 calls (and the ec2 inventory plugin) are using
them.

the tags command boils down to the following

ec2_tag resource='arn:aws:ec2:us-west-2:7XXXXXXXXX:instance/i-abcabcab'
region=us-west-2 state=list tags=[]

I'm using boto 2.27

Anyone know what is up here or what I can do to fix it?

thanks

Steve.