This might be a newbie question, but I can't figure out how to without
writing a wrapper around ansible, or invoking ansible multiple times

Let's say this is my inventory:

[some_service]

Some_service runs in synchronization mode so one is the master, which need
to be shut down last.

The trouble is I do not know without actually running "some_command" which
one is the master, so the shutdown order might be B->C->A or A->C->B, etc.

Is it possible to have ansible runs normally over these hosts, read the
exit status of "some_command" and then delay executing shutdown on master
until the others are done?