"It’s not so much OCD as it is DISA STIG.  The RHEL6 STIG rules explicitly
state for specific services that if it’s not needed on a host it must be
disabled/uninstalled."

I did a small amount of consulting around STIG for a previous systems
management app company -- so I know what you are talking about.
Ultimately, those tools are not *great* at describing something that isn't
there, and this still holds for Ansible, though having a list of services
to remove and doing the following is not heinous evil:

   - yum: name={{ item }} state=absent
     with_items: packages_to_remove

Etc.

(Of course if someone installs "banned_package" in
/usr/local/you-are-not-going-to-find-it, that's not a complete solution)

Thanks for clarifying the use case!