Hey there,
I'm trying to write a playbook that gets the latest Pingdom probe servers
IPs and add updates an EC2 Security groups rules with those IPs, but I'm
failing are iterating the IPs in the rule and only the latest IPs is added
(I'm replacing instead of appending). I opened an ticket on github (1) but
because I hadn't detailed out the whole use case it got closed without
really answering the issue; so I thought I'd post here see what others are
thinking.
I'm not sure whether I'm trying to hard to fit this into a playbook as I
have this working via a script, now of course I could call the script
itself but that IMHO would defeat the purpose of using Ansible in the first
place.
I understand why the playbook fails to append the rules but I haven't been
able to figure out a way around other than modifying the ec2_group module
itself.

J.
(1) https://github.com/ansible/ansible/issues/7584