Turns out I make most of technical decisions based on spite:)

But plays in playbooks can be tagged which are in turn composed of roles
and tasks.  It just seems you might want to "tag" a playbook as having a
certain category of functionality.  Basically I need to do this because I
am trying to put together one site level playbook that can execute all my
plays with selective execution based on command line arguments (ie tags).
 I might need to rethink that.