On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 8:18 PM, Matt Martz <m...@sivel.net> wrote:
> To define "secondary" or extra groups to a device, you need to use the
> "groups" meta key.  Note that this is plural and different from "group".
>
> I really recommend using the current copy of the 'rax' module in ansible
> (devel), not what has been released with 1.6.x, as the current version it
> fixes issues related to metadata.  Additionally, make sure you are also
> using an up to date rax.py inventory plugin.
>
> Example (trimmed to the important part):
>
> - rax:
>     [snip]
>     meta:
>       groups: production,something,somethingelse
>     [snip]

Hi,
  Sorry for the late reply. This task got delayed in implementing. I
finally got started with it. I copied the latest files in the commit
https://github.com/ansible/ansible/commit/609fd2e993d617b1c5af50540c9664cc0ece261a#diff-ec0444fc44a45df6dac363d61054d860

I also copied over the latest rax.py and tried to create a new host as follows:

$ RAX_CREDS_FILE=.raxpub ansible-playbook -i inventory/rax.py
new-host.yml -vvvv -e "groups=freeswitch,production group=production
rax_name=fs" -vvvv

But, I end up with the following error message

failed: [localhost] => {"failed": true}
msg: Invalid metadata size: Metadata property value greater than 255 characters