As the title says, I'm wondering if anyone has experience managing AUR
packages with Ansible. I'm personally interested in nginx-passenger, but
the question could really apply to any AUR package. Unlike official
packages, AUR packages have to be built by the user, which introduces a
slew of problems:

- knowing when to build the package. I'd say it's pretty much a given that
the package has to be built on the target system. However, I'm provisioning
ARM single-board computers with Ansible, and compiling nginx on a system
with a 1GHz processor and 1GB of memory is a painful experience. I don't
want to do it any more often than necessary.
- knowing whether or not the package is installed, and whether or not the
installed version is up to date. The existing pacman module in Ansible
(thumbs up for actually having a module, by the way. as an Arch user I was
glad to see it) can query if a package is installed via state=present, but
if the package isn't installed then it will obviously try to install it.
That will fail because AUR packages aren't hosted on official repositories.

Any thoughts or suggestions? One thing I just thought of, while writing
this, was to set up yaourt on the target system, since it would seamlessly
integrate AUR installation, but I have literally zero experience with
yaourt. Plus this kind of introduces a chicken-and-egg problem - to install
one AUR package, I first have to install another AUR package, which goes
right back to the original issue.

I do speak a little python, so I'm not averse to submitting a PR for this
issue, if someone has a good idea for how to implement it. I'm at a loss
for now.