(This is a copy from the Ansible Development group, but it seems there
aren't as many ppl active there)

Hey,

I tried making a win_copy module for ansible,
but misunderstood Mr De Haan a bit.
(on GitHub: https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/8241)
I thought with an action plugin he meant to convert it to a .ps1 script
that runs from the client,
but after some research I discovered that under
ansible/lib/ansible/runner/action_plugins/ are action plugins that run on
the server side.
Now my question, is there any place where I can find some documentation on
how to write server-side modules?
This because I've written some client side modules that solved my problems
for now, but this would be a lot more practical to run server-side.

Especially since this would make me able to totally step away from Salt,
because untill the implementation, I made a call to salt from ansible to
get things done on my windows machines.
But it would be a lot more comfortable to have everything in the same
provider.

(Just fyi, I'm not a seasoned python coder, that's why I couldn't replicate
what I needed from the sources in the action_plugins path and is why I'm
searching for some documentation to help me along)