Hi

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 02:41:53PM -0700, Michael Palumbo wrote:
> So there is no solution to avoid being stuck on the following? It happens to
> me
> often when I am upgrading the system!
> - name: upgrade all safe packages
>   sudo: yes
>   apt: upgrade=safe
>
> Is there at least a way to see the progress? Looking at some logs on the
> machine?

In the case of apt (which uses dpkg), it may be useful to:

tail -f /var/log/dpkg.log

on the server being upgraded.

If you interrupt the task, I'd expect ansible to give info about what
was output by the upgrade so far - that should contain clues as to
what it was doing at the time of the upgrade.

Also, for debugging purposes, it may be useful to find out which tty
is being used by ansible on the target machine (ps -ef|grep ansible or
similar), and see what is running on that tty:

          ps -ft${basename-of-the-tty}

Hope this helps

--
Karl E. Jorgensen