Cool thanks Chris I'll check that out.

I'll make sure to update pywinrm, on one control in pretty sure i don't
have that version because I didn't specify the repo to take it from. The
other is probably a month old, and i was getting some 500s, SOs, and out of
memories.

And should i just go ahead and turn the -v's up to 11? :-D  that should
make the Spinal Tap logo show up instead of the cow!
On Aug 28, 2014 9:49 PM, "Chris Church" <flyingfr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>> will download the installer as "download" so I'm assuming the scripts are
>>> doing the same.
>>>
>>> So, it probably needs an option to specify the output file, much like
>>> you would with `wget -o` or `wget --output-file`.
>>>

>>> On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 6:25:56 PM UTC-5, Damon Overboe wrote:
>>>
>>> Awesome I'll give that as shot.
>>>
>>> The biggest thing I wanted to know was how to catch the output so I can
>>> at least try to debug it or ask for help, so that'll be huge.
>>>
>>> I'm off for the night tonight but I'll be testing out win_package
>>> tomorrow for sure. I'll let you know how it goes.
>>>
>>> On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 5:53:24 PM UTC-5, Trond Hindenes wrote:
>>>
>>> Nice,
>>> So, Chris just tipped me about this ansible.cfg setting:
>>> [defaults]
>>> keep_remote_files = 1
>>>
>>> Stick that in your /ansible/etc/ansible.cfg and re-run your playbook
>>> with -vvv
>>>
>>> All those temp paths Ansible uses for powershell files will now be left
>>> on your windows system. Each folder basically has a script file (the
>>> module) and an arguments file. That should do wonders for debugging windows
>>> modules (it would still require some PowerShell proficiency tho)
>>>

>>> On Wednesday, August 27, 2014 12:48:36 AM UTC+2, Damon Overboe wrote:
>>>
>>> There it is, finally!!!
>>>
>>> This is still using the win_msi, I'll switch to the win_package now.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure why but I just wasn't going to be happy until I broke it.
>>>

>>>  changed: [node1.domain.com]
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "/home/damon/src/ansible/lib/ansible/runner/connection_
>>> plugins/winrm.py", line 149, in exec_command
>>>     result = self._winrm_exec(cmd_parts[0], cmd_parts[1:], from_exec=
>>> True)
>>>   File "/home/damon/src/ansible/lib/ansible/runner/connection_
>>> plugins/winrm.py", line 118, in _winrm_exec
>>>     response = Response(self.protocol.get_command_output(self.shell_id,
>>> command_id))
>>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/winrm/protocol.py", line
>>> 277, in get_command_output
>>>     self._raw_get_command_output(shell_id, command_id)
>>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/winrm/protocol.py", line
>>> 293, in _raw_get_command_output
>>>     rs = self.send_message(xmltodict.unparse(rq))
>>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/winrm/protocol.py", line
>>> 173, in send_message
>>>     return self.transport.send_message(message)
>>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/winrm/transport.py",
>>> line 90, in send_message
>>>     raise WinRMTransportError(error_message)
>>> WinRMTransportError: Bad HTTP response returned from server. Code 500
>>> fatal: [node3.domain.com] => failed to exec cmd PowerShell -NoProfile -
>>> NonInteractive -EncodedCommand KABOAGUAdwAtAEkAdABlAG0AIAAtAF
>>> QAeQBwAGUAIABEAGkAcgBlAGMAdABvAHIAeQAgAC0AUABhAHQAaAAgACQAZQ
>>> BuAHYAOgB0AGUAbQBwACAALQBOAGEAbQBlACAAIgBhAG4AcwBpAGIAbABlAC
>>> 0AdABtAHAALQAxADQAMAA5ADAAOQAyADkAOAA2AC4ANgAtADIANwA2ADMAMA
>>> A3ADAAMAA2ADUAMgA0ADEAOAAiACkALgBGAHUAbABsAE4AYQBtAGUAIAB8AC

>>> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/trondhindenes/ansible/win_