Hi,

I just wanted to bring up progress bars again and monitoring of long
running tasks.

There is something approaching 50 +1's to the bug report / request
https://github.com/ansible/ansible/issues/3887

It would be really nice to have progress bars at various levels. When
running a playbook and you are not debugging it, it would be very nice to
have the option to be able to instead of getting screenfuls of output to
instead have a progress bar, much like git or mercurial do (and details
would just be sent to some log file). Eg to see a video of the kind of
progress indicator I am talking about see: https://github.com/noamraph/tqdm

On the other extreme it would be nice to have progress indicators /
feedback mechanisms for some of the really long running tasks to figure out
if they have hung or not. I don't know any of the details of the internals
of ansible or how to make this work, but from the bug report this is
obviously a very highly desired feature which many people want...

Other threads about this:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/ansible-devel/cvbyUMspqE0/DMLaYR8DfUoJ

Thanks,
   Jason