Hi Jeff,

There's a reference to this in the documentation on
http://docs.ansible.com/intro_adhoc.html where it says "Rarely, some users
have security"...

In any case, it's usually not something valuable for the security team to
enforce, because it also means you wouldn't be able to install any packages
(they contain %post scripts), use the shell module, or use the command
module --- because all of these would be able to run arbitrary commands.

We'd recommend using a specific user or key with Ansible, and controlling
who gets that key, and constraining sudo differently (less) for them.

Further, use of Ansible Tower can keep the SSH private keys known only to
admins and Tower, allowing people to be easily removed from the system
without rekeying any of the remote hosts.

By comparison, it may also be useful to inform your security team that many
other tools actually require full root level agents, so Ansible is one of
the few options with a really strong sudo implementation (and su is also
supported).

I'd recommend talking to them about how you can protect keys with Tower if
needed, and also not give full access to users logging in normally.

--Michael