I'm building an EC2 instance with Ansible, then creating an AMI from the
instance. I'm sure I'm missing something here, but how do I get the ID of
the newly created AMI? I've tried:

tasks:
- name: create an ami in us-east-1
  ec2_ami: wait=yes
           aws_access_key={{ ec2_access_key }}
           aws_secret_key={{ ec2_secret_key }}
           instance_id={{ item }}
           region={{ region1 }}
           name=data-mgmt-qa-006
  with_items: hostvars[inventory_hostname]['ansible_ec2_instance_id']
  register: ec2_ami_info

- debug: var=item
  with_items: ec2_ami_info.image_id

and:

tasks:
- name: create an ami in us-east-1
  ec2_ami: wait=yes
           aws_access_key={{ ec2_access_key }}
           aws_secret_key={{ ec2_secret_key }}
           instance_id={{ item }}
           region={{ region1 }}
           name=data-mgmt-qa-006
  with_items: hostvars[inventory_hostname]['ansible_ec2_instance_id']
  register: instance

- debug: var=item
  with_items: instance.image_id

The latter 'register' is copied from the docs, but I'm not able to get the
right with_items obviously.

The AMI is being created fine. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
  <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/amazon-web-services>