Hi Andrew,

Ansible can totally run in local mode.

In the play, either do "connection: local" or just do "-c local" at the
command line level.

There's also ansible-pull if you really want something pull based, but push
is better :)

I don't think you would explicitly need to do that because most of the
Puppet complexity simply drops off the map with keysigning and other ilk,
though if you want to, that's entirely possible.

--Michael