Hi all,

I have an inventory file with hosts in different groups within. I would
like to run a playbook on a certain group, but only where the host members
of that group that have a certain OS (say, " ansible_distribution='Fedora'
".) I was told to look at the "group_by" module, and so in my top-level
site.yml file I put in the following:

# Set up OS-specific groups
- group_by: key=os-{{ansible_distribution}}

So then I tried to do the following:

$ ansible-playbook -i inventory-file -u root -k site.yml --tags=mailserver
--limit=os-Fedora

but when I do so, I get:

ERROR: provided hosts list is empty

So am I doing this incorrectly, or for some reason, is the "os-Fedora"
group empty? (i.e. the logic is not matching any hosts)

Also, is there a way to print the members of the group_by variable out so I
can see what's being included?

Thanks,
Will