Changing all the examples would make very good since for the short term,
though I believe we can also deal with fixing the \n issue.

I'm not aware of anything wrong with the key parameter, usually that's one
entry per line anyway, and also only used with a single line, but multiple
lines don't hurt that file IIRC.