Hi all!

I've found, that if run such command:

   - docker: image=registry state=running

And then:

   - docker: image=registry state=runningenv="SOMEVAR=1"

The module will return "ok", not "changed" and docker container will not be relaunched with new parameters. At first sight it may seem like this problem can be easily resolved by introducing some check in the module.
But if we think better we will find at least two problems:

   1) What the module should do with a container that was launched with
   old parameters?

   2) docker run registry -e "SOMEVAR=1" is a different call from just
   docker run registry, but the only way to inspect what environment
   variables in a container (AFAIK) is docker inspect -f "{{
   .Config.Env }}" our_container and there will be some default
   environment variables as HOME. And also we need to ensure that there
   is no stale user-defined environment variables. So I don't see any
   straight-forward ways to check if a container was launched with
   exact environment variables as defined in current version of playbook.

I want to discuss, what is the best way to make this module operate fully in idempotent fashion.

--
With kind regards, Andrew Pashkin.
cell phone - +7 (985) 898 57 59