No plans for this at this time.

I understand the appealing nature of this one, I think it might make sense
as a non-core connection plugin perhaps.

But the usage of FreeBSD jails is small now, and I don't think we'd want to
continue to maintain this as sort of a "cloud starter kit".

Hope that makes sense.

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 4:54 AM, Paul Körbitz <paul.koerb...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> >  Yes, it is. I've started hacking on it (see https://github.com/ktosiek/
> ansible-nested-connections. It only supports chroot, but jail shouldn't
> be hard to add), and I've stumbled upon some problems:
>
> I was wondering what the status was on this one? I also need the
> *configure jails on ssh-accessible jailhost* functionality. If there is no
> further development I might try to add support for jails for this.
>
> Cheers
> Paul
>

> On Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:05:43 PM UTC+2, Tomasz Kontusz wrote:
>>
>>  On 09.08.2014 01:23, Michael DeHaan wrote:
>>

>> "I don't think ssh.py (or any other specific connection plugin) is a
>> good place for this, I think it should rather be done as separate plugin or
>> in core.
>>
>> That's because I'd like to see the same layers used with
>> local/ssh/accelerate."
>>

>>  I'm not sure that's a good idea.
>>

>>  (A) all distros are moving to new enough SSH that paramiko is going to
>> be less important, and with no paramiko there will be no need for accelerate
>>
>> (B) the concept of "nesting" here is probably going to be way more
>> difficult than just doing it for one plugin.
>>
>> Yes, it is. I've started hacking on it (see https://github.com/ktosiek/
>> ansible-nested-connections. It only supports chroot, but jail shouldn't
>> be hard to add), and I've stumbled upon some problems:
>>  * to have a sudo layer as robust as sudo functionality in SSH, layers
>> would need some way to get partial output from commands.
>>     I'm thinking about using generators or something similar, but
>> considering that "yield from" and mixing yield with return were only added
>> somewhere in py3, it might turn out pretty ugly.
>>  * put/fetch might need some more freedom than just changing the path on
>> managed host, but that shouldn't be hard to add (except maybe for risking a
>> loop between exec_command and put/fetch).
>>
>>  (C) yes, the local case would require ssh, but this seems less
>> important in the long run.
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 5:52 PM, Tomasz Kontusz <tomasz....@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> On 07.08.2014 23:35, Michael DeHaan
>>> wrote:
>>>

>>> "I'm putting it in ansible_ssh_host like
>>> this:
>>>
>>> some_container ansible_connection=vzenter
>>> ansible_ssh_host=<SSH host>|<CTID>"
>>>

>>> Maybe like this:
>>>

>>> ansible_ssh_host=hostname;container=CTID
>>>

>>> I like that syntax, thanks. I'm thinking about doing something like:
>>>
>>> ansible_connection=stack ansible_ssh_host=<connection
>>> plugin>=<hostname for that plugin>;<connection