I took it that Vincent was referring to my message of 2013-09-12
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ansible-project/8p3XWlo83ho/Q1SflaZ9dyAJ>.
In that post I mentioned using /dev/null for the ssh UserKnownHostsFile
configuration key, scoped to Host *.amazonaws.com

This configuration triggers single-threaded behavior from ansible because
ssh never stores any record of connecting to the EC2 hosts: not the first
time, not ever. Because known_hosts is /dev/null.

-- Mike