Rishi,

Let's assume you have an inventory group called  "datacenter" that holds
all of your datacenter machines and an inventory group named "inhouse" that
holds all of your in-house machines.

You would then have a group_var file called  "inventory/group_var/inhouse"
that would contain:

url: http://my.internal.company.com

And also  have a a group_var file called  "inventory/group_var/datacenter"
that would contain:

url: http://my.datacenter.company.com

your tasks would look something like:

- name: get tmy file
  get_url: {{ url }}/foo.pkg dest=/tmp/foo.pkg

When your run your playbook in-house, it's going to use the internal url
based on the machine's membership to the inhouse group.  When the physical
machines have moved from in-house to datacenter, also change their
inventory group membership.  The playbook will now use the datacenter url
based on the machine's membership to the datacenter group.

- James