Is there a way to run the handlers with a different `serial` value than the
rest of the play ?

What I want is to install my services in large batches (usually, on all the
machines at once) and if  any of those services needs to be restarted, I
want to perform that operation on X machines at a time.
Ideally, the X value should be decided for each particular service: e.g. I
want to restart postgresql instances one at a time and I want to restart
nginx on 30% of the hosts at a time.
However, the installation needs to be done on all the machines in parallel,
as I usually have no reason to do this sequentially (restarts are rarely
required).

Is this possible with handlers ? Or can I trigger handlers from a different
play ?
Or, at least, is there some best practice recommendation for how to achieve
this ?

Thanks