Hi

http://docs.ansible.com/add_host_module.html may be useful for you.

> So: Is there a way to force Ansible to refresh the inventory in the middle
> of a playbook?

Not that I know of.

> This email is intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and
> may contain information that is PRIVILEGED or CONFIDENTIAL. Any
> unauthorized use, distribution, copying, or disclosure by any person
> other than the addressee(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
> by return email and delete the message and any attachments from your
> system.

(sigh). Really??? Really??  Surely nobody uses that legalese rubbish
noise anymore?

I am now guilty of something that was prohibited - after all, this was
not addressed to me.  I re-distributed and copied and disclosed your
possibly PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL email!  Quick! Tell everybody to
delete it!  (and then delete the emails about deleting it. Deny
everything!!).  Perhaps I should turn myself in?

But I'm such a law breaker. Sometimes I press the button for the 3RD
FLOOR on the lift, even when only goin to the 2ND FLOOR!  I'm not even
going to return the original mail to you!  Hah!  Take that!  You'll
have to get NEW ones and zeros for your next email! That'll teach you!

bwhahahahaha!

--
Karl E. Jorgensen