I'm looking to extend the core user module to work (at least partially)
with OS X (Darwin). The nearest discussion I can find is about 18 months
old
(https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/ansible-project/extend$20module/ansible-project/7SByPqJxa7Q/NVeOAWdAio4J)

and is pretty negative about the possibility of extending a core module.

However, I notice that core user module seems to have extensibility built
in since it automatically selects the best class based on the
platforms/distributions defined in the subclasses. Short of cut-n-pasting
the whole user module (1500 lines of code), is there a way of just writing
the OS X extension and having it be automatically loaded for OS X platforms?

Thanks,
Alan