On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 12:02:10 PM UTC+1, Dan Vaida wrote:

> as I see it, based on your input, you have two problems:
> 1. you're creating the users and generating unique keys on each of the
> target hosts

Correct, and that's what I'm trying to get.

> 2. you're trying to iterate through the 'rootkeys' in a way that will
> never work for the key parameter.

Ah yes, something that is re-occuring with ansible for me ;-) it's not
always clear how to reference variables, sometimes with value.something,
other times wit set.something, with_dict, with_flattened,etc not very
clear...
No matter, just learing I guess but the variables with the correct data is
obviously there, I just need the correct syntax I would think?

> So, I'd use 'delegate_to: localhost' on the user task, then on the
> authorized_keys task, in the 'with_items' you would use
> rootkeys.ssh_public_key
> to access the keys.

But then all the keys would be the same right?  Not what I would want in
this case.