I'm new to ansible and a little googling hasn't lead me quickly towards the
right solution to my question.

What's the 'with the grain' way to assign static network settings to a
centos-7 host with ansible. I feel like this must be a pretty common need
-- and there must be a lot of people with questions about the right
approach to take after all the changes to the network configuration system
that comes with transitioning from rhel-6 to rhel-7 (namely:
network-manager by default, consistent device naming from the kernel by
default, systemd).

Prior to ansible I had been uninstalling network-manager and manually
configuring hosts via /etc/init.d/network-scripts/ifcfg-* files -- I think
I could do the same thing -- generating the correct ifcfg-* file using the
ansible_default_ipv4['interface'] fact ...?

    "ansible_default_ipv4": {
        "address": <snip>,
        "alias": "enp3s0",
        "gateway": <snip>,
        "interface": "enp3s0",
        "macaddress": <snip>,
        "mtu": 1500,
        "netmask": "255.255.255.128",
        "network": <snip>,
        "type": "ether"
    }

Ansible far is so great and for this I want to make sure I'm not going
unnecessarily against the ansible grain. I'm willing to not uninstall
network-manager if there are good ways to manage the network-manager
mediated interface configuration through ansible ...