On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 7:29 AM, Rob Zienert <r...@smartthings.com> wrote:
> With the regressions in 1.9.0 related to the s3 module[0], I think the
> Ansible package repos really need to keep more than the HEAD stable version
> in its versions list. When 1.9.0 was released yesterday, all of my company's
> playbooks broke since we make extensive use of S3 - so right now we can't do
> any deployments. I thought this would be an easy fix by version locking back
> to 1.8.4, but when I listed the versions in the apt repo, only 1.9.0.1 is
> available.
>
> While I plan to stay updated, I don't want Ansible to dictate when I have to
> increment to a new minor (or major) version for exactly these kind of
> reasons.

<nod>  We aren't purposefully removing the old packages from the PPA.
It looks like the PPA is automatically marking the older packages as
"superseded" and preparing to delete them when we upload a newer
version:

https://launchpad.net/~ansible/+archive/ubuntu/ansible/+packages?field.name_filter=&field.status_filter=&field.series_filter=

Do you (or anyone) happen to know if this is a configurable setting in
Ubuntu PPA's?  I think we'd be happy to change it but so far we
haven't found if it's a configurable setting and if so where.

-Toshio