Hi Brian,

Please excuse me if I am wrong but the problem with using the same ordering
and role name in plays is that unless you can provide a scope such as
play#.task_name then how do you apply a play preceded by another play with
the same starting role.  And there are times I have to apply the same role
to different hosts according to some orders of execution and then I need to
go  back and fix things starting a play.

--list-tasks

play #2 (host1):
   setup abc

play #3 (host3):
   setup abc

If I used --start-at-task "setup abc" then how would I be able to achieve
my goal as to start at play #3 and not play #2.  Certainly Ansible can
still apply all tasks in play #2 and that could be ok in some cases but
when I want  to save times or just to apply changes to hosts in starting at
a specific play and avoid commenting out all previous plays up to the play
I want to start with then would your suggestion work?

Thanks,
Steven.